A nylon zipper is a type of zipper that is composed of a nylon monofilament wound by a heating die.
Zippers are now widely used in clothing around the world. They are an indispensable part of people's lives and one of the most important and practical inventions of the last century.
So who invented the zipper? The inventor is the Swedish Gideon Sundback. Gideon Sundback (1880-1954), an American Swedish inventor. Between 1906 and 1914, when working for a company that later became Talon Co., he made significant progress in zipper development and applied for a patent. The name "zipper" was created by B.F. Goodrich, who used the device invented by Sundbuck in their new boots. The original zipper was mainly used for boots and tobacco bags, and it became popular in the fashion industry twenty years later. Sundbuck also invented the machine for making zippers.
According to the material of the zipper, the zipper is divided into three categories: metal zipper, resin zipper, nylon zipper. Metal zipper teeth are discharged through a tooth-discharging machine using copper wire or aluminum wire. The resin zipper teeth are color-coded with polyester plastic and dyed through an injection molding machine, while nylon zipper teeth are heated by a nylon monofilament. The mold is wound around the center line. Compared with metal zippers and resin zippers, nylon zippers are characterized by low cost, high output, and high penetration rate.
Nylon zippers can be divided into:
1, closed tail zipper
2, open tail zipper (left and right plug)
3, double closed tail zipper (X or O)
4, double open tail zipper (left and right plug)
1. tape tape A flexible tape woven from cotton yarn, chemical fiber or mixed chemical fiber for carrying fastener elements and other zipper components;
2. ribbed bead The edge of the tape is used to carry the reinforcing portion of the metal or plastic element;
3. A rope rope refers to a rope composed of a plurality of fibers in the middle of the belt;
4. Chain scoops refers to teeth that have a certain shape after processing through materials such as metal and plastic;
5. The core wire is made of multi-strand fiber strands and is used for the production of nylon zipper chain.
6. Chain chain refers to teeth that are arranged in series;
7. One chain zipper chain One chain zipper chain is fixed on the tape to be called a fastener chain;
8. The chain zipper chain is meshed by two chain links;
9. The top stop is fixed on the fastener chain to limit the slider of the fastener chain when the fastener chain is pulled;
10. The bottom stop is fixed on the fastener chain to limit the slider from slipping out of the fastener chain when the fastener chain is opened, and the stoppers on both sides of the fastener chain are not completely separated;
11. Front and back head Back and forth head tape The belt with no element on the zipper is called the lead, the upper end is the front lead and the lower end is the rear lead;
12. The cannula (also called the pin) pin separable is fixed at the end of the open zipper and is used to completely separate the tubular members of the chain;
13. The socket retainer is fixed at the end of the open zipper for completely separating the blocks of the chain; 14. Double-opening member two pin One type with a cannula for a tubular member on a double-open tail zipper;
15. Reinforced tape reinforcement tape A composite sheet used to enhance the bonding strength of the cannula, socket and tape, and improve the service life of the zipper;
16. slider The moving part that causes the element to engage and pull;
17. The puller puller is a component of the slider, which can be designed into various geometric shapes to be coupled with the slider body or coupled to the slider body through the intermediate member to realize the zipper opening and closing;
18. The intermediate connector the connecter connects the intermediate body of the slider body and the pull tab;
1. Nylon zippers can be used in all kinds of occasions, but generally prefer to be used in sportswear, shoes, bedding, bags, tents. 2. Commonly used sliders are painted and sometimes plated. 3. The material of the nylon zipper is mainly polyester, which is relatively low in cost, and is also a kind of zipper that the market prefers.
1. First prepare the nylon zipper and the fabric that needs to be zippered;
2 .Use the 1.5 cm wide seam to sew the seam where the zipper needs to be installed, and then separate the seams. If you don't need to attach a zipper to the entire seam, then the stitch length of the seam without the zipper should be finer, and the starting and ending positions should be fixed with the needle;
3 .Align the nylon zipper face down and the center of the seam, and use the hand stitch to fix it and the seam allowance;
4 .Turn the fabric to the front, attach the unilateral presser foot for the sewing machine to the sewing machine, push the presser foot to the right side of the needle, start from the right side of the opening of the nylon zipper, and press the 0.7 cm seam on the fabric. line;
5 .When completing the stitching on one side and preparing to sew the other side, first look at the position of the iron at the bottom of the chain. If you can avoid it, you can turn 90 degrees directly, let the needle cross the zipper and turn to the other side to start sewing. . When turning, the needle should be placed at the lowest position, then the presser foot should be raised, and then the presser foot should be lowered after turning and continue sewing. When sewing over the zipper teeth, do not step on the electric motor. Instead, turn the sewing machine wheel by hand to allow the needle to carefully pass over the nylon zipper teeth to avoid needle breakage.
6 .If the iron is just in the turning position, then you only push the presser foot to the left of the needle and start sewing the left line from the opening. Be careful not to forget the needle at the beginning and end of the crimp. Finally, remove the sew line on the fabric;
7 .For those skilled in the car, you don't need to first sew, but for the novice, it is necessary to make more steps in the production process. Although it is a little troublesome, it can guarantee satisfactory results.